I suppose this is me taking one more step into the age of web communications. After retiring from my role as General Manager of the Aleris Rolling Mill in Ky last year, I hung out my shingle for Management and Leadership consulting. With that I quickly was set up with a website. (my son, a professional copywriter in the advertising industry did the honors.)
Soon I was on the world wide web. My son and I may have been the only people who knew but I've since learned to view the stats sheet and slowly, more and more people are, at least, clicking to learn more!
Within a couple of weeks, I will have a book published. People: The Real Business of Leadership". I'm very excited and extremely proud to have pulled this off. It started as a way to capture ideas, experiences, and values I learned during my 25 career in leadership roles. Most of the books I'd read about leadership seemed to have been written by "gurus" who had studied and observed or taught "leadership". I thought their might be a place for a new voice on an exhausted subject. The voice of someone, not a CEO or celebrity but someone who got up every day with real account abilities and tangible targets that were measured, published, and monitored every day. So, I wrote them down and a year later....a book.
Now, and I'm not exactly sure why or how, I'm "blogging". More to come.....
I'm working with the Hancock County Industrial Foundation as well as The Kentucky Aluminum Network, the Owensboro Community and Technical College and others to promote economic development, community development and jobs!
This opens a whole new world of opportunities and has taken me outside the usual circle of colleagues, stakeholders, and partners found when you have your head down running hard in the industrial world.
Again.....more to come.
MTB
Friday, March 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment